Songs We Sang:
Stretching Song (Have Fun Teaching)
Shake our Sillies Out (Learning Station)
Tooty-Ta (Dr. Jean)
Make a Circle
Criss Cross Applesauce
Jump Up & Down (transition song)
ABC You Later
The Goodbye Song
Books we read:
I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More! (Karen Beaumont)
Ish (Peter H. Reynolds)
A is for Artist: an alphabet (Ella Doran & Silence)
Activities: We continued to practice our daily classroom routine as well as review classroom, circle time & center rules. We introduced painting at the easel by reading I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More! We talked about our easel routine (putting on a smock, getting paper, painting, drying) & how to appropriately paint on paper at the easel. Then we painted cardboard circles at the easel, added designs with dot markers & glued on various items shaped like circles to design our own dots! Ask your child what color we painted our circles.
We used various shaped cookie cutters (basic geometric shapes) with play dough as well as large rolling pins. Manipulating play dough helps prepare us for future writing activities by strengthening our fine motor skills.
Hula hoops, round placemats, log slices & bottle caps were used while we worked as a team with our peers to design dots. We also used foam blocks, Legos, wood blocks and more to build.
- Next week we will begin our “All About Me” activities as well as work in some Autumn fun. We say goodbye to summer & welcome the official arrival of Fall this Friday, 9/22/17.
- During small group time, we will begin using the Fundations Pre-K curriculum for our Pre-K children to introduce letters, letter-sound relationships & writing skills. Fundations is the curriculum used in the UPK programs in both Sachem & Connetquot School Districts as as well as in Sachem’s grades K-3.
- Holbrook Fire Department field trip is on 10/2/17. Morning session time is 9:30-11. Afternoon session time is 1:00-2:30. Permission slips with further information were sent home this week & are due back on Wednesday, September 27.
- Back to School Night is Wednesday, September 27 from 7:00-8:00. This is an informational evening for parents only. I hope you will be able to join us.
- October Scholastic book orders will be sent home the last week of September & are due 9/29 to ensure delivery before Halloween.
Always feel free to speak to any of us about any concerns/issues you might have. We are all in this together & want your child to have the most positive preschool experience possible!
Have a wonderful long weekend! L’Shana Tovah to all who celebrate!
Ms. Sheri, Ms. Joyce, Ms. Sarah, Miss Fabi & Miss Bethany
I was not built to sit still,
keep my hands to myself,
stand in line,
or keep quiet
all of the time.
and to engage the world with my whole body.
Let Me Play
(trust me, I'm learning!)