We welcomed 2 new friends, Emma & Aubree. Emma attends our TTh class & Aubree attends our Tues/Wed class. We are so happy to have them join us at Creative Kids!
Congratulations to Jordan & his family! Jordan is a big brother to baby sister, Maya born on Mon, 10/17.
We had our 1st birthday celebration for the 2016-2017 school year this week. Happy 3rd birthday to Chris & James! We celebrated on Thursday with a SpongeBob theme! Mommy & Daddy brought in special cupcakes & potato chips, party hats & goody bags. A wonderful time was had by all. We think Chris & James' daddy should be a preschool teacher &/or child entertainer. All of the kids loved him. He was very funny. Chris & James chose to read the book Arthur's Birthday by Marc Brown.
Activities: Orange play dough with orange craft sticks & orange flowers; fall sensory bin containing various sized pom poms, leaves & gold gem stones (children used tweezers to hone their fine motor skills while sorting colors); painting with black, orange & purple at the easel; decorating our black, orange & purple paintings with various materials; green sponge painting to make big green monsters; decorating our big green monsters with various materials; dollhouse; kitchen; light table; cars & blocks; discussing our emotions & what makes us feel glad, sad & scared. Some of our Pre-K kids wrote in their journals & also named & described their big green monsters.
Books we read: Five Ugly Monsters (Tedd Arnold), Go Away, Big Green Monster (Ed Emberley), Glad Monster, Sad Monster (Ed Emberley), Monster Faces (Sesame Street), Big Brave Brother Ben (Kara May), Brave Little Monster (Ken Baker), Where the Wild Things Are (Maurice Sendak).
Music & Movement: Scarecrow Song, Monster Shuffle, If You're a Kid, Halloween Stomp, Make a Circle, Hello, ABC U Later, Goodbye Song, Happy Dance
- Our field trip to the Holbrook Fire Department is Friday, 10/28/16. The morning session will attend from 10:00-11:30 & the afternoon session will attend from 1:00-2:30. Please note:
- We will have a regular school day. All parents will pick up their children from the school at 9:45 to drive to the fire station. If a parent cannot attend the field trip, you may consent to having your child car pool with another family as long as you provide a car/booster seat.
- There will NOT be anyone staying behind at the school, therefore, if you are unable or prefer not to attend, he/she will need to stay home that day.
- If your child does not attend school on Friday's, please meet us at the fire station at 10:00 or 1:00, depending on your child's usual session.
- For full day children, you may attend the field trip twice OR you can choose to keep your child home for 1 session.
- Holbrook Fire Department is located at 390 Terry Blvd., Holbrook, NY 1174. Their phone number is: (631) 588-0099.
- Our Halloween Party is on Monday, 10/31/16. Families are invited to attend. We will have a regular school day. Morning session party will take place from 10:15-11:30. Afternoon session party will take place from 1:45-3:00. There is a sign-up sheet located by the front door for families who would like to participate. If your child does not attend school on Monday's, please feel free to bring him/her to the party at 10:15 or 1:45, depending on your child's usual session. Costumes are welcome!
- The Sachem Community is joining together to sponsor a Sachem Community Turkey Drive. We did this 2 years ago & it was a huge success. The Turkey Drive will be held on November 19, 2016 from 12:00-1:30 in front of Creative Kids Center. We will be open for free play (no charge) during those hours for children of families who donate. Also, Santa will be here for picture taking. All turkeys will be donated to Lighthouse Mission to feed people in need during the holidays.
- If you haven't already done so, please send in a family photo. The children love to look at these throughout the school day.
- November Scholastic book orders are due 11/4 to ensure delivery before Thanksgiving. Fliers will be sent home next week. Once again, we will participate in the pajama drive. Details will be sent home with the fliers.
Always feel free to speak to any of us about any concerns/issues you might have. We are all in this together & want your child to have the most positive preschool experience possible!
Wishing you have an adventure-filled fall weekend!
Ms. Sheri, Ms. Joyce, Ms. Sarah, Miss Fabi & Miss Bethany
Quotes of the Week:
Caiden - “Like I always say, girl monkeys for girls.”
Caiden - “Everybody stop musicing!”
(The children were creating sounds by banging on pots & pans with utensils.)