We had the opportunity to explore pumpkins this week in our science center. Ms. Sheri cut open a pumpkin. We used our eyes to see the inside & outside of the pumpkin, our hands to feel it & our nose to smell it. We described what we saw, felt & smelled. Ask me about it!
Are you wondering why you haven’t received too many pieces of artwork coming home? We are creating student portfolios with the many pieces of art our children create. A nice surprise will be awaiting you at the end of the school year. We bet you can’t wait!
Singing & Dancing:
Stretching Song (Have Fun Teaching); Halloween Scary Dance; Monsters Stomp Around the House; Halloween Freeze (The Kiboomers); Creative Kids Anthem; Make a Circle; Five Little Pumpkins; Jump Up & Down (transition song); ABC You Later; The Goodbye Song; Goodbye; Day-O
Books We Read:
Growing Pumpkins (Melvin Berger); H is for Haunted House; What is Halloween? (Harriet Ziefert); It’s Pumpkin Day, Mouse! (Laura Numeroff); The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin (Joe Troiano)
Helpers: Aubree, Braeden, Brendan, Jayden, Katie, Keira, Madelyn, Max
Activities: We all enjoyed using Halloween cookie cutters with orange play dough as well as painting with red & yellow to create an Autumn work of art. Ask me what color we made when mixing the red & yellow paint.
We have two new sensory bins in the classroom that we can’t get enough of! One bin contains bottle caps & strings of beads & of course we also have a Halloween sensory bin filled with beans, pom-poms, pumpkin containers, spiders, translucent leaves & translucent pumpkins. We love using scoopers, tweezers & containers to practice scooping & pouring while exercising our fine motor skills.
Our UPK children read My B Book (Jane Belk Moncure) as well as practiced “B, Bat, /b/” & rainbow traced the letter B in their journals.
- Halloween Party Info: Tuesday, 10/31/17. Families are invited to attend. We will have a regular school day. Morning session party from 10:30-11:30. Afternoon session party from 2:00-3:00. A sign-up sheet is located by the front door for families who would like to participate. If your child does not attend school on Tuesday's, please feel free to bring him/her to the party at 10:30 or 2:00, depending on your child's usual session. Costumes are welcome! If you would like to send in treat bags for the children, please make sure it is peanut/tree nut free as we do have a child with a nut allergy.
- Please join us in giving back to the community this Thanksgiving! Creative Kids has teamed up with Our Place Newspapers to sponsor a food drive which runs from October 6-November 17. Food donations will be delivered to St. John’s Lutheran Church in Holbrook, St. Joseph’s Church in Ronkonkoma & Assumption of the Blessed Virgin in Centereach. Thank you for your support to help our neighbors.
- The November Scholastic Book Order Form will be sent home on Monday, October 30 & is due on Friday, November 3 to ensure delivery prior to Thanksgiving break.
- Black Friday is on the way! Drop off the kids for open play fun while you get a head start on your holiday shopping & grab yourself some bargains on Friday, November 24 from 9:00-3:00. $10 per hour or $50 for the day. Ages 2-7. Pre-registration & payment required as space is limited. Register in person or on our website.
- November tuition is due on Wednesday, 11/1/17. Late fee will be charged according to our handbook policy (page 7) for tuition not received by 11/10/17. Please pay your tuition in a timely manner. Thank you for your understanding.
- Families have asked about make-up days when a child is absent due to illness or vacation. Please note page 6 of our Family Handbook states, “there are no refunds or make-up days for absences due to illness, vacations, etc.” Tuition is a yearly fee. We offer a payment plan of 10 monthly payments. While we try our best to accommodate families when possible, please note that we are staffed according to how many children attend each day. Having an extra child on a day when we are at capacity puts us over our child/staff ratio. Thank you for your understanding.
Have a fabulous weekend!
Ms. Sheri, Ms. Joyce, Ms. Sarah, Miss Fabi & Miss Bethany