It was all things green this week! We painted with a squirt of blue & yellow paint. Guess what color we made?! We also decorated our paintings with various blue, yellow & green materials.
We had a blast dancing with scarves & learning to use rhythm sticks during music & movement.
It was also a week of celebrations! Ms. Joyce's birthday was on Tuesday so Ms. Sheri brought in cupcakes. Brady's 2nd birthday was on Wednesday. Thank you to Brady's family for sending in the yummy cupcakes for us to celebrate! On Thursday & Friday, we had a green celebration. Ms. Sheri brought in yummy cookies for us to enjoy & our friend Oliver brought in stickers to share with our Friday morning friends.
March 12 - Ms. Joyce
March 13 – Brady
Books We Read
Green as a Bean (Karla Kuskin)
Green Eggs & Ham (Dr. Seuss)
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover (Lucille Colandro)
The Night Before St. Patrick's Day (Natasha Wing)
Singing & Dancing
Dance, Dance Leprechaun Dance
Leprechauns Are Marching
Creative Kids Anthem
Easy Goodbye Song
Dance Party Friday
- Kindergarten & UPK registration paperwork can now be accessed on the Sachem Schools website.
- Registration for CKC Summer Camp 2019 & the 2019-2020 school year is underway. Paperwork can be found on our website under the “Forms” tab located under “More.” Paperwork will be sent home upon request. Class size is limited to 12 per session for both camp & the school year so be sure to send in your paperwork as early as possible. Once we reach 12 students in a class, a wait list will be provided. Your spot will be held with the non-refundable $50 deposit. (A refund will be granted if your child wins a non-paid UPK lottery spot.) Morning spots are filling up!
- Strong Island Running Club is hosting a St. Patrick’s Day 5K on Main Street in Holbrook on Saturday, March 16, 2019. There will also be a Children's Fun Run. Creative Kids Center is a proud sponsor of this annual event now in it's 4th year. If you would like more information on participating, please check out the Holbrook Chamber of Commerce website.
- March 1 – Ongoing summer camp registration & 2019-2020 school year registration
- April 1- April tuition due
- April 19-26 – Spring Break (If we don't use any snow days, we will be closed April 18 also.)
Ms. Sheri, Ms. Joyce, Miss Faryaal, Miss Allie
“Education is a natural process carried out by the children and is not acquired by listening to words but by experiences in the environment.” (Maria Montessori)