Ms. Sheri has slacked off with newsletter writing the past few weeks. It's been a while so let's catch up.
We hope everyone enjoyed a relaxing winter break & quality family time. Prior to winter break, we all enjoyed our Valentine’s Day Celebration & 100 Days of School Celebration. We decorated friendship boxes which were filled to the brim with cards & treats. We threaded red & pink beads onto pipe cleaners then shaped them into hearts. We used dot markers to stamp 100 hearts & colored a 100 picture from Ms. Joyce. We took pictures with a sign that said, “I am 100 days smarter.” Thank you to everyone for sending in Valentine’s goodies for the children & staff.
Dental health was our main focus during our final fabulous week of February (also known as Dental Health Month). Our Wednesday morning & Thursday afternoon classes were treated to a dynamic, interactive presentation by a dental hygienist from KidSmiles. She spoke to us about what to expect during a visit to the dentist office so we won’t be nervous & read us two books, Ready, Set, Brush! & Brush Your Teeth Please. We learned how to correctly brush our teeth & met her dinosaur puppet. We counted 20 teeth, 10 on top & 10 on bottom & brushed the puppet's teeth. We learned to sing, “Circle, Circle, Circle” when brushing teeth to remember the direction to brush. She also gave us goody bags with a new toothbrush to take home. Remember to brush, floss & keep on smiling!
We've been very creative with paint, glue & various materials for decorating. This past week we painted at the easel with different colors & also began a recycled art project. We love using recycled materials to express our creativity.
March 12 - Ms. Joyce
March 13 – Brady
Books We Read
My Heart Fills With Happiness (Monique Gray Smith)
What Does it Mean to Be Kind (Rana DiOrio)
Kindness to Share A to Z (Todd & Peggy Snow)
The Tooth Book (Dr. Seuss)
I Know Why I Brush My Teeth (Kate Rowan)
Hooray for Friends! (Scholastic My Big World)
Unplugged (Steve Antony)
Singing & Dancing
If You Love Me & You Know It
Let's Get Fit
Boom Chicka Boom Valentine's Day
Following Directions with Exercise
Dance, Dance Leprechaun Dance
Leprechauns Are Marching
Creative Kids Anthem
Easy Goodbye Song
Dance Party Friday
- Kindergarten & UPK registration paperwork can now be accessed on the Sachem Schools website.
- Registration for CKC Summer Camp 2019 & the 2019-2020 school year is underway. Paperwork can be found on our website under the “Forms” tab located under “More.” Paperwork will be sent home upon request. Class size is limited to 12 per session for both camp & the school year so be sure to send in your paperwork as early as possible. Once we reach 12 students in a class, a wait list will be provided. Your spot will be held with the non-refundable $50 deposit. (A refund will be granted if your child wins a non-paid UPK lottery spot.)
- If you ordered a class picture from our school photographer, please let me know. She gave me a bunch of class pictures but didn't tell me who ordered them. I've given out a few already but still have some morning & afternoon pictures left so please let me know if you didn't receive it yet.
- Strong Island Running Club is hosting a St. Patrick’s Day 5K on Main Street in Holbrook on Saturday, March 16, 2019. There will also be a Children's Fun Run. Creative Kids Center is a proud sponsor of this annual event which is now in it's 4th year. If you would like more information on participating, please check out the Holbrook Chamber of Commerce website.
- March 1 – March Tuition Due
- March 1 – Ongoing summer camp registration & 2019-2020 school year registration
- March 15 – Green Day: Wear green to school
I think we're all caught up now! Stay warm this weekend! Spring is on the way. Remember to turn your clocks ahead one hour!
Ms. Sheri, Ms. Joyce, Miss Faryaal, Miss Allie
It is not a luxury.
It is not something to fit in after the important stuff.
Play is the important stuff.
Play is a drive, a need, a brain building must-do.”
(Jeff A. Johnson & Denita Dinger)