Our first month of school is now behind us. We spent this past month exploring, creating, learning & bonding with new friends. We played musical instruments & will continue to do so every Friday during our weekly Dance Party Fridays. We exercise every day during circle by moving & grooving to various songs before sitting for story time. We completed our 1st process art project by painting circles at the easel, then decorating them using dot markers & adding various circle shapes. We are now using water colors to paint the 1st letter of our names, then decorating with buttons. We will hang the letters on our Chicka Chicka tree in our Pretend Center. Our art projects are usually multi-step processes that take a few weeks to complete. We enjoy being creative & using many different types of materials while exercising our fine motor skills. Using our fine motor (small muscles) skills during various activities prepares us for future writing activities.
This week we celebrated Anthony E.’s 3rd birthday with delicious peanut/tree nut free cupcakes & brownie bites. Anthony’s mother was our mystery reader. She read us one of Anthony’s favorite books, Three Little Dinosaurs. Thank you to Anthony’s family for bringing in the goodies & the little dinosaurs to send home with Anthony’s morning class friends.
We continued to reinforce good behavior with green/red choices. The science/math centers were introduced by reading the book What is a Scientist? by Barbara Lehn. Our children were very excited to explore the sensory table filled with sand & magnetic letters, puzzles, light tables, Magnatiles, sensory bottles, translucent blocks & other materials in these centers. We also welcomed our 2 new friends to school this week: Gianna & Alexis. We are happy to have them join us.
Songs We Sang:
We learned some new songs on Monday that we will continue to sing & dance to for the remainder of October: Haunted House (Learning Station); Monsters Stomp Around the House (The Kiboomers); Halloween Freeze Dance (The Kiboomers).
We also sang our usual songs: Criss Cross Applesauce; Hickey Picky Bumble Bee; Jump Up & Down (transition song); The Goodbye Song; Goodbye, Day-O
Books we read:
Eyes, Nose, Fingers & Toes (Judy Hindley)
Be Who You Are (Todd Parr)
ABC I Like Me (Nancy Carlson)
I Like Myself (Karen Beaumont)
I Like Me (Nancy Carlson)
- Our Fall/Halloween party will be held on October 31. More details to follow as well as a sign-up sheet for families who would like to participate.
- October Scholastic book orders are due 10/5/18. Thank you for your support.
- Please join us in giving back to the community this Thanksgiving! Let’s see how many families we can feed together! Creative Kids Center has teamed up with Our Place Newspapers to sponsor a food drive. Food pantries are usually at a low this time of year & really need our help. The food drive will run from October 5-November 16. Please place non-perishable food items in the box located at our door at your convenience. Food donations will be delivered to local food pantries. Thank you for your support in making a difference in the lives of our neighbors.
- No School on Monday, 10/8/18 due to Columbus Day.
- Just a reminder that our sessions are 8:30-11:30 & 12:00-3:00. Please remind whoever is dropping off your child that doors open at 8:30 & 12:00. We do not permit early drop-off. Our sessions are 3 hours, where most preschools offer only 2½ hour sessions. Before each session, we are preparing for our day. In between sessions, we are eating lunch. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please remember to turn in the field trip permission slips.
- School picture day is Wednesday, 11/7/18. Additional information will be sent home as soon as it is received from the photographer. We have a new photographer this year.
Have a great 3-day weekend!
Ms. Sheri, Ms. Joyce, Miss Fabi