We learned a new song this week written by Ms. Sheri that we sing after the Pledge of Allegiance. The title is Creative Kids Anthem (Creative Kids Center):
We are Creative Kids, Creative Kids, Creative Kids
We are Creative Kids & we are family.
Stretching Song (Have Fun Teaching); Halloween Scary Dance; Monsters Stomp Around the House; Halloween Freeze (The Kiboomers); A-P-P-L-E; Make a Circle; Jump Up & Down (transition song); ABC You Later; The Goodbye Song; Goodbye
Books We Read:
An Apple a Day (Melvin Berger); Autumn is for Apples (Michelle Knudsen); Ten Apples Up on Top (Theodore Geisel); The Seasons of Arnold’s Apple Tree (Gail Gibbons); All About Apples/Apple Core (Scholastic Newsletters)
Helpers: Tyler, Dessa, Keira, Emma, Annaliese, Jonah, Aviana
Activities: We all enjoyed orange play dough with orange craft sticks, orange flowers & orange bottle caps; sponge painting tissue boxes orange to be used as our Halloween treat boxes; using orange scrap paper to decorate our orange treat boxes; & painting with red, yellow & green apples.
Our 2-year-olds enjoyed mess-free pumpkin painting by squishing red & yellow paint on a pumpkin picture in zip-loc bag & observing it turn orange.
Our UPK children reviewed A, Apple, /a/; rainbow traced the letter A in their journals & placed apple stickers on the letter A.
- Halloween Party Info: Tuesday, 10/31/17. Families are invited to attend. We will have a regular school day. Morning session party party from 10:30-11:30. Afternoon session party from 2:00-3:00. A sign-up sheet is located by the front door for families who would like to participate. If your child does not attend school on Tuesday's, please feel free to bring him/her to the party at 10:30 or 2:00, depending on your child's usual session. Costumes are welcome! If you would like to send in treat bags for the children, please make sure it is peanut/tree nut free as we do have a child with a nut allergy.
- Please join us in giving back to the community this Thanksgiving! Creative Kids has teamed up with Our Place Newspapers to sponsor a food drive which runs from October 6-November 17. Food donations will be delivered to St. John’s Lutheran Church in Holbrook, St. Joseph’s Church in Ronkonkoma & Assumption of the Blessed Virgin in Centereach. Thank you for your support to help our neighbors.
- Our Friday night parties are making a comeback! The 1st one is 10/27/17 from 6:00-8:45. Drop off the children for open play & a Halloween special. Costumes welcome! Registration & pre-payment ($10 for the evening) required as space is limited.
- Families have asked about make-up days when a child is absent due to illness or vacation. Please note page 6 of our Family Handbook states, “there are no refunds or make-up days for absences due to illness, vacations, etc.” Tuition is a yearly fee. We offer a payment plan of 10 monthly payments. While we try our best to accommodate families when possible, please note that we are staffed according to how many children attend each day. Having an extra child on a day when we are at capacity puts us over our child/staff ratio. Thank you for your understanding.
- Tuition is due on the 1st day of the month that your child attends school. Late fees will be charged according to our handbook policy (page 7) for tuition not received by the 10th of the month. Please pay your tuition in a timely manner. Thank you for your understanding.
Ms. Sheri, Ms. Joyce, Ms. Sarah, Miss Fabi & Miss Bethany
The most important thing you can provide for your child is “play”.
They need unstructured time to just play.