Last week we introduced a new friend during circle time. Her name is Jewel & she is a puppet. Jewel is new to our classroom & is learning our rules as well as how to behave at school. The children adore her & think she is hilarious. Ask them about Jewel to hear what they think!
Singing & Dancing:
Stretching Song (Have Fun Teaching); Halloween Scary Dance; Monsters Stomp Around the House; Halloween Freeze (The Kiboomers); Scarecrow Song, Turkey Hokey Pokey, Do the Turkey Hop, A Turkey Dance, Creative Kids Anthem; Make a Circle; Jump Up & Down (transition song); ABC You Later; The Goodbye Song; Goodbye; Day-O
Books We Read:
The Night Before Halloween (Natasha Wing); Big Pumpkin (Erica Silverman); I’m Not Scared (Todd Parr); Go Away Big Green Monster! (Ed Emberley); Glad Monster, Sad Monster (Ed Emberley)
Helpers: Julianne, Dessa, Keira, Melanie, Myles, Gianni, Nicholas, Tamanna
Activities: We enjoyed using the Halloween cookie cutters with orange play dough for the last two days of October. Then we took out our home & family cookie cutters for November. Some us needed to finish our red & yellow paintings for our Autumn art pictures. Next week we will decorate the pictures. Ask me what color we made when mixing the red & yellow paint.
Although it was time to put away our Halloween sensory bin until next year, we now have our Autumn sensory bin filled with beans, leaves, corn kernels, red & brown paper strips & red & gold beads. We love using scoopers, tweezers & containers to practice scooping & pouring while exercising our fine motor skills.
Our UPK children read My C Book (Jane Belk Moncure) as well as practiced “C, Cat, /c/” & rainbow traced the letter C in their journals.
- Black Friday is on the way! Drop off the kids for open play fun while you get a head start on holiday shopping & grab yourself some bargains on Friday, November 24 from 9:00-3:00. $10 per hour or $50 for the day. Ages 2-7. Pre-registration & payment required as space is limited. Register in person or on our website.
- Once again we are participating in the Scholastic Pajama Drive. With your help, we have donated approximately 50 pairs of pajamas during the last two years to a local shelter for women & children who are victims of domestic abuse. For every pair of pajamas we donate, Scholastic matches the pajamas & a book for the children. Please consider donating to this worthy cause. Pajamas of any size will be accepted through December 12. Thank you.
- We are closed on Tuesday, 11/7 for Election Day & Friday, 11/10 for Veterans Day.
- Please join us in giving back to the community this Thanksgiving! There are only 2½ more weeks left to donate. Creative Kids has teamed up with Our Place Newspapers to sponsor a food drive which runs from October 6-November 17. Food donations will be delivered to St. John’s Lutheran Church in Holbrook, St. Joseph’s Church in Ronkonkoma & Assumption of the Blessed Virgin in Centereach. Thank you for your support to help our neighbors.
- The November Scholastic Book Order will be placed this weekend.
Have a fabulous fall weekend!
Ms. Sheri, Ms. Joyce, Ms. Sarah, Miss Fabi & Miss Bethany