This month we will spend time observing our students to discover their interests during play. We will also introduce many exciting topics, including the identification and recognition of body parts, letters, numbers, shapes and colors. In addition, we will learn to recognize our names in print and for our older students; we will practice writing skills in our writing center. All of these skills will be learned through developmentally appropriate play-based activities
Our first week in school was fabulous! During the first few days we adjusted to the classroom routine, made new friends & helped make a list of classroom rules. Having the children help establish the class rules allows them to take ownership of the classroom. I don’t want our classroom to be mine. I want the children to know that it belongs to them too. The rules also become a tool for learning how to take part in a democratic community. If someone breaks a rule, the teachers can say, “Remember that you and your friends made a rule that says walking feet in the classroom.”
• School picture day will be on 9/30 & 10/1. Flyers & envelopes will be sent home soon.
• We are looking into some field trips including a trip to the Holbrook Fire Dept. We will need some help with carpooling for these trips. More information to come soon.
• Speech screenings will be offered by Little Angels Center at no cost to families. More information to come as soon as the dates are scheduled.
• Please send in items for our Beautiful Stuff project by Friday, 9/11/15.
• Also, please remember to send in a family picture for our family tree.
• Scholastic book orders are due on Friday, 9/11/15.
Remember to ask your child open-ended questions about their day. This will encourage open communication between parents and children as well as help develop their language skills.
Have a wonderful 3-day weekend. Remember that Monday is Labor Day so there is no school. We’ll see you on Tuesday!
Ms. Sheri, Ms. Joyce, Miss Miranda, Ms. Fabi & Ms. Bethany