We read Snuggle Wuggle (Jonathan London), a book about the many different ways animals cuddle & snuggle with their families.
Our Beautiful Stuff project is underway. We are designing our alphabet letters with all of the beautiful stuff we have collected. These letters will decorate our classroom walls. Our leftover beautiful stuff will be available for additional art projects.
After reading ABC by Jane Foster, we made an ABC chart & listed our names for each letter of alphabet.
Sand table, dramatic play (kitchen, construction zone), blocks, cars & trains and art are some of our favorite centers. Some of us enjoy playing with our pretend pets and walking them on leashes made of links we chain together. Pretend play is important for our development as we begin to make sense of the world around us. We mimic activities we see our families and other grown ups do such as cooking, cleaning, raking leaves, etc. We love to help sweep up the sand with the broom and dust pan. We can help around the house by doing simple household chores such as putting away the silverware (helps with sorting), sorting laundry, sweeping, raking, even helping to cook. Giving us a job makes us feel important and responsible.
- School picture day is on 9/30 & 10/1. Flyers & envelopes were sent home this past week. If you haven't yet received yours, more will be going home next week.
- Open house for parents will be scheduled in October.
- Field trip information to come soon.
- Speech screenings will be offered by Little Angels Center at no cost to families. More information to come as soon as the dates are scheduled.
- Please keep sending in those family photos for our family tree. We've been sharing our pictures with our friends & will hang them up very soon.
- Scholastic book orders were placed last weekend & October flyers will be sent home next week.
Always feel free to speak to any of us about any concerns/issues you might have. We are all in this together & want your child to have the most positive preschool experience possible!
School is closed on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 due to Yom Kippur.
Enjoy this last weekend of summer.
Ms. Sheri, Ms. Joyce, Miss Miranda, Ms. Fabi & Ms. Bethany