Songs We Sang:
Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes
Shake our Sillies Out (Learning Station)
Criss Cross Applesauce
Hickey Picky Bumble Bee
Jump Up & Down (transition song)
Day-O (The Learning Station)
Books we read:
The Dot (Peter H. Reynolds)
I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More! (Karen Beaumont)
Ish (Peter H. Reynolds)
Activities: We continued to practice our daily classroom routine as well as review circle time & center rules. To coincide with the book The Dot & the introduction to our art center, we painted cardboard circles at the easel. When dry, we decorated our circles with dot markers then added various circle shaped materials to reinforce the shape. We also used hula-hoops, round placemats, log slices & bottle caps while working as a team with our peers to design circles & dots.
During circle, we introduced our helper of the day by counting the number of letters in the child’s name, then guessing his/her name by introducing the sound of the 1st letter in the name. The children love when they are able to guess the name of the helper. We also played a sensory game after reading I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More. We used paintbrushes to “paint” various body parts as directions were provided verbally.
- We say goodbye to summer & welcome the official arrival of Fall this Saturday, 9/22/18.
- During small group time, we will begin using the Fundations Pre-K curriculum for our Pre-K children to introduce letters, letter-sound relationships & writing skills. Fundations is the curriculum used in the UPK programs in both Sachem & Connetquot School Districts as well as in Sachem grades K-3.
- Holbrook Fire Department field trip is on 10/16/18. Morning session time is 9:30-11:30. Afternoon session time is 1:00-3:00. Permission slips with further information will be sent home next week.
- Back to School Night has been postponed & will be rescheduled at a later date. I apologize for needing to reschedule. I overlooked a meeting, which resulted in a conflict for me.
- Always feel free to speak to any of us about any concerns/issues you might have. We are all in this together & want your child to have the most positive preschool experience possible!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Ms. Sheri, Ms. Joyce, Miss Fabi