Activities this week: Identifying body parts; recognizing our names in print as well as letters, numbers, shapes & colors; learning the months of the year, days of the week & four seasons; discussing the fall season; scooping letters from the sand table; digging through our fall sensory bin; punching various shapes using shape punchers (this is great for strengthening the muscles in our hands), creating lovely fall leaves using the same technique we used to design our dots (coloring with markers on coffee filters then spraying with water to watch the colors “bleed” together).
Books we read: Fall Leaves Change Color (Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld), I Am a Leaf (Jean Marzollo), My Leaf Book (Monica Wellington), We Love Fall (Diane Muldrow), Let it Fall (Maryann Cocca-Leffler).
Songs we sang: Hokey Pokey, Body Parts Song, Body Bop, Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes, Spring is Here (by special request).
- Our field trip to the Holbrook Fire Department is scheduled for Friday, 10/28/16. There will be 2 sessions. 10:00-11:30 & 1:30-3:00. If your child does not attend school on Friday's you are still invited to meet us at the Fire House. Families will meet at the school 15 minutes prior to the field trip time & drive their own child(ren) unless car pool arrangements have been made. A permission slip with details will be sent home shortly.
- School will be closed on Monday, 10/3 & Tuesday, 10/4 for the Rosh Hashanah holiday.
- School picture day is Tuesday, 10/18. There will be 2 sessions. The morning session begins at 10:30 & the afternoon session begins at 12. If Tuesday is not a regular school day for your child, please bring him/her in for pictures at the designated time. We will also take a class picture during both sessions. Fliers & envelopes will be sent home as soon as they are received from our photographer.
- Due date for T-shirt orders has been extended to 10/7.
- An invitation was emailed to our families to sign up for the Brightwheel app. The email might have come from the name Samantha Meyer (Brightwheel spokesperson). If you didn't receive it check your spam folder. If you still don't see it, make sure I have an updated email address for you. This app will allow you to see pictures & messages, check your child in/out of school & keep up to date on our calendar of activities as well as many other options. Each child can only be viewed by his/her own family so no worries about anyone else viewing your information.
- The staff & I are still learning how to navigate this app so please be patient with us while we explore how to use it.
- We will also continue to use the Remind app to send mass messages as well.
- Scholastic October fliers have been sent home. Book orders are due Friday, 9/30/16.
Woo hoo! Creative Kids Center has been nominated for the Bethpage Best of LI 2017 in the Nursery School category! The voting period starts 10/1 & runs through 12/15/16. During this time, you can place 1 vote per category (our category is Education) per day per person at https://bestof.longislandpress.com/. This means you can vote for Creative Kids Center once a day during this 75-day period. At the end of the voting period the nominee with the most votes in each respective category will be awarded the distinction of winning the "Bethpage Best of LI 2017." Please vote for CKC for Best Nursery School as often as possible. Thank you!
A great big thank you to Sarah, Joyce, Fabi & Bethany for holding down the fort while Ms. Sheri is in Florida celebrating her grandparents’ 75th anniversary as well as spending Rosh Hashanah with them.
Always feel free to speak to any of us about any concerns/issues you might have. We are all in this together & want your child to have the most positive preschool experience possible!
L’Shana Tovah to all those who celebrate.
Enjoy the 4-day weekend!
Ms. Sheri, Ms. Joyce, Ms. Sarah, Miss Fabi & Miss Bethany
Quote of the Week:
Melanie: “My nose is not working!”